Sunday 10 November 2013

Is qnet a scam ?

I am sat here thinking what is QNET, is it a scam or is it really the cutting edge business model of the future?

Qnet definitely is controversial, there are posts where people are praising it, many vouching how it has changed their lives, success stories like that of a dude with Ferrari and now producing his own film.

And then there are stories/comments where people are claiming its ponzi, fraud and some even use the word cult.

If you are reading this blog then maybe you are trying to find the answer to same question - is it really a scam or is it genuine ? Or may be you have made up your mind and are here to defend your stand..

Best to start from start..

I am an indian guy , 30 or there abouts. I was introduced to QNET by a friend of mine, and he really is a friend of mine, I wouldnt in million years think that his eyes lit up with dollars when he saw me.

Anyhow so he introduced me to this senior, because he is not qualified enough to show me the PLAN, the senior goes through his motions, Robert Kiyosaki , financial independence.  Let me tell you, none of these guys are pushy.  They are quite decent blokes.  No one is trying to put me down or belittle me, the senior dude is a MBA from a decent university and is well placed in terms of job, but he doesnt boast about it.

Then he explained me the binary plan and how you max out and if you work hard and smart you can be financially free in 5 years...  I dont doubt him, I dont doubt my mate.  But something doesnt sound right to me, so I ask for couple of days, they are happy to let me think over it..

So I started my research and below are few points, before we go deep into it let me say I am neutral at the moment. You are welcome to leave comments, no BC or MC thgh, you can use the F word.. What is it about english ? People become more tolerant when someone abuses you in English.. Any how lets start...

While I was doing research about QNET there are lot of negative things written about it on Wiki. Wiki is an open portal, anyone can amend an entry as long as they are ok to provide a reference to the information edited.

Lets take each point in detail:

QNET has been around for 15 year, yes it has been under a different name. What has happened of that Gold Quest, did the IRS who bought gold coins made any money ? Why is there no mention of it in the products of Qnet ? If it is as good as gold ( execuse the pun ) then why not continue doing that ?

If it has been around for 15 years you should have made lot of people Financially Free. Do we have numbers?
Note : financially free is just a concept, you cannot escape work.  Guys who have maxed out in QNET are still working and training other guys.  If the pyramid stops you dont get paid so you have to make sure new IR s keep on joining.  Its not an income for life.

They have spent some good money on marketing, partnered with Virgin to sponsor a car in F1 and also are now advertising in Premier League matches ( for some reason they chose arsenal match ).  Hold on - Isnt the point of network marketing that you dont spend on marketing ? Then why are you spending on advertisment. 

I wouldnt call Qnet a downright Ponzi scheme but it has flavors of it, lets start looking at products:

1. Bio disc - No one really knows what it does.  People who use it swear by it, people who dont think its a piece of glass.  I havent used it, I am not going to comment on it.  If you put words in my mouth I would say its placebo.  Scalar energy which is the idea behind bio disc has been around for a while, but nothing has been proven so far.  all the certifications that bio disc have are not peer reviewed,  I am not saying the certifications are bough but they have been paid to test them and are not peer reviewed.  If you are from research backgroun you will understand the importance of Peer Review. 

2.  Bernard H Mayer watches - No one else stocks this watches, no one. There is no way you can compare the prices with other watches.  I do know that you get Tag Heur and other decent watches for a thousand dollars and so for me its a question of do I buy a watch that everyone knows about or do I buy Qnet watch? Quite frankly we dont buy watch for time keeping, as Amir Khan said when he found out that Kareena is wearing a three lakh Rs watch " Aila meri ghadi to sirf 250 Rs ki hain, par time wohi batati hain". Point is you buy expensive watch so that people know you are wearing a famous brand.

3. Holidays - This is an interesting one.  Their holiday resorts that they call home resorts are decent, you cant really beat them on price, however there are only five of them.  Now if you book holiday via Xchangeworld, the prices are not that competitive. Also there is additional charge of 118 dollars(Xchange fee) for each week booked and another possible charge of 200dollars(Usage fee ), so the 7 night holiday you are buying is not for 700dollars but , wait for it,......1018 dollars if you book your holiday via exchange world.  Also the hotels that are listed on xchangeworld are not necessarily hotels but apartments in most cases.

I can see many people love Qnet, I can see several posts that say Qnet has changed their life, they all cant be wrong, they all couldnt have overlooked the concerns I have so please enlighten me.

I am not going in detail for the education product as I dont know much about it.  I think I will stop here. Let me gather my thoughts again and do another post for the compensation plan and other facts around it.  I am sure I will see you soon.  I will welcome your comments, as long as you dont get personal.  If you do get personal though, there is not much I can do is it ?

6 comments:

  1. Its a good post mate and I would definitely like to answer ur concerns through my personal experience. I am a qnet IR and in my last role I was working at a DGM level after 11 yrs of corporate experience when I was introduced to it. The reason I got started was the financial model however once started building my distribution channel (Network marketing is a mere distribution channel like Franchising or traditional channels). Now to answer ur question regarding Vacation Packages, I worked hard and recovered my initial start up cost that I paid for therefore now I only pay the Xchangeworld and Usage fee. Recently I was visiting Dubai and Stayed for a week in Xclusive apartment suite with 3 of my friends. We had a posh 2 Bedroom appt. All I paid for 7 nights in the heart of Dubai was 21k (INR) which means 3k a night for 4 ppl. When We tried to extend our stay like a normal guest (not a QVI club member) I got an on-line rate of 1.2L for 4 nights. Even if I added my initial per night cost of under 3k to it, 6k for 4 people per night is a damn neat price in a place like Dubai. Isn't that competetive? I feel its great. I then bought a BHM watch worth 1.35L (I received some Business units with it) and have made much more money then I actually spent on it through those business units. I have a Tag and an RW that I had bought during my corporate days to show my designation and lifestyle off ����... Quality wise, I rate the BHM higher than my RW and at par with my tag but the point is, my tag n RW are mere expenses and this was a true investment infact an asset that has made me much more money to buy a Rolex if I want. Also Cimier has stores in switzerland and u can walk into the store and buy these watches off the shelf. Dont know if thwre is a price difference tho. Talk about Bio Disc, the IRs swear by it because it worjs wonder for general ailments. My father religiously fills the charging jar every day because my mom's arthritis and his Acidity problems have been totally taken care of so I need not say more. As for online Edu we offer an MBA from SMC for 11000 USD (7.0 L INR approx) which is more expensive on the SMC website pegged at 10000 Euro (8.3L INR approx.)
    And yes, Qnet only sponsors sporting events and that is because the business model is like sports, its a team work where a coach, a player and his team works together towards everyone's success.
    We in QNet never convince or push people because we understand its not for everyone as its not an easy business or a quick rich scheme and only people with a strong intent to make it big in life with sheer hard work can do this. Talking about financial freedom, I mentioned my designation initially to just let u know bow that I am a full timer here and not because it matters to me now whether I was a DGM, a call centre agent or a CEO, eventually, its all pretty much tbe same with no legacy to or securoty for ppl in case of an untimely departure. Also, yes, I havent retired in 14 months however in 7 months I equated my 11 yrs of corporate and moved out. Now I dnt have alarm clocks, can take vacations when and however long I want, I can have lunch with my parent every day and most of all, dnt have to work towards fulfilling some1 elses mission statement but have my own to achieve!
    Hope I was able to answer some of your concerns regarding the business. In case u want more clarity, I'd be more than happy to help and u can write to me at yasser.kamran@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Mr.Yasser i recently joined in QNET and i brought a diamond pendant worth 750$ (app. 3000AED). After i received the product it wont looks like it worth 750$ so i checked the quality and price of the pendant from other jewelry shops in Dubai.
      After they checked the diamond and gold they asked me for how much did i paid for this one. When i say it cost around AED3000 and its a designer pendant by Bernard H Mayer, they started laughing at me and said it wont cost more than AED600 as per current market price.
      For AED600 worth pendant i spend AED3000. The biggest mistake i ever made in my life. As a IR of QNET, can you please explain this??
      And please don't compare gold with other brand watches or car because gold is gold. And also please don't say that its the cost of the design, the pendant is only the size of my nail.

      Thank you QNET for fooling innocent peoples.

      Delete
  2. btw.. why did u go to dubai? i see you wasted 1L ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw.. why did u go to dubai? i see you wasted 1L ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw few guys working over these maxout and qnet. I have a doubt over it, why these people are traveling to Malaysia and BANKOK?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know there is a 12 word sentence you can tell your man... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive attractiveness for you buried within his chest?

    Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, worship and care for you with his entire heart...

    ====> 12 Words That Fuel A Man's Desire Instinct

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will make him try harder than before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    Matter-of-fact, triggering this dominant impulse is so binding to having the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will instantly notice him expose his heart and soul for you in a way he haven't expressed before and he will identify you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete